Title: Social Empowerment Programs Manager
Report to: Social Empowerment Sector Director
Working Hours/Week: 39.5
Support the Foundation’s Social Empowerment Programs Sector by assisting in the design, administration, and monitoring of projects & programs, processes and communications; providing key information and resources to both internal and external beneficiaries, providing general technical and operational support to the sector.
Social Empowerment Programs Manager should have strong analytical, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Support Sector director in identifying keys trends in Social programs and the review and design of annual plans and strategies,
- Contribute to the preparation and updating of the situation analysis for the development, design and management of education related programs/projects,
- Develop operational guidelines, strategies, plans and methodologies that ensure interventions are managed and executed efficiently and effectively, via a sustainable & replicable model,
- Initiate, establish and maintain sound and productive working relationships with key program stakeholders (e.g. partners, private sector, and relevant Ministries),
- Prepare, manage and monitor annual budgets to maintain expenditure in accordance with annual budgets,
- Participate with sector team in releasing calls for proposals in alignment with SFSD and the sector strategies and work plans,
- Present sector in official meetings.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Research topics related to the social sector projects/programs (Women empowerment- vulnerable children – health issues – basic services in poor communities),
- Preparing proposals, tenders and pre-qualification documents,
- Review project concept development, proposal writing and program/project design,
- Identifying new projects, following leads and conducting research related to program’s needs,
- Monitoring and supervising projects through regular communication with partners, field visits, reviewing of technical reports as well as troubleshooting,
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues.
- Work on solutions on routine program implementation and submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decisions,
- Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned,
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders,
- Oversee periodic update of relevant projects portfolio for website,
- Oversee and undertake administrative work related to projects including filing, letter writing, and documentation of project progress.
- Manage and mentor Social team including feedback; on the job training; period evaluations and year end performance evaluation,
- Work in harmony and efficiently with the other foundaion sectors,
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Sector Director.
Bachelor degree in related field, MA degree in related field is preferred (social projection; development practice; public policy).
A minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience in in social work or a similar occupation, including both projects and people management
- Excellent computer literacy, with experience in Microsoft word, Excel, outlook and databases.
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheets is preferable.
- Researching skills
- Native-speaker proficiency in Arabic composition.
- Proficiency in English composition.
- Experience in report writing.
Required skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, adaptable in effective relationships with both Egyptians and foreigners.
- Ability to independently carry out tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong critical thinking skills to analyze solutions to problems
- Ability to handle confidential information.
How to Apply:
To apply please send the application form and your CV to: email@example.com with the subject line “ Manager “Candidate Name - Manager – Sector Name – L13”
The deadline for applying is March 3rd, 2022.