Title: Principal Programs Officer
Report to: Social Empowerment (SE) Sector Director
Working Hours/Week: 39.5
The Principal Programs Officer coordinates and assures the design and performance quality of their assigned projects, in addition to providing substantial input to the knowledge acquisition process using the operational tools developed by SFSD.
1. Project Portfolio Management Tasks
- Participate in the proposal and implementation of strategies that maximize synergies amongst their assigned program’s projects.
- Contribute to the review and update of their assigned program’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the review and update of policies and procedures for financial management systems, funding policy, and skills development systems as is required to run successful operations.
- Conduct institutional assessments of prospective implementation partners.
- Regularly monitor and supervise performance of assigned projects, which includes regular communication with the implementing partners (oral and written); conducting field visits; reviewing and approving technical progress and final reports, and requests for milestone payments; providing technical assistance to implementing partners; and mitigating risk and challenges.
- Ensure during periodic review visits to beneficiaries/implementing partners that activities are implemented in accordance to project design.
- Develop and submit project milestone and final technical reports.
- Submit regular and ad hoc status reports on all their assigned projects to the SE Sector Director.
- Participate in developing monitoring and evaluation tools for implementing partners.
- Provide technical support to implementing partners.
2. Project Support Services
- Participate in drafting and development of sector strategies, annual work plans and progress reports, and other sector-related matters.
- Review and verify the matrix and master plan of all their assigned projects.
- Work closely with staff members to share ideas.
- Develop and integrate best practices based on work experience.
- Identify different sources of information and best practices relevant to assigned projects.
- Represent the sector in formal conferences and meetings with partners, in coordination with the SE Sector Director.
- Provide technical assistance to the sector team.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Sector Director.
- Establish sustainable and effective relationships with partners, NGO’s, government and public bodies, private sector entities, and other stakeholders that are of relevance to their scope of work.
- Develop and maintain regular contacts with targeted communities and beneficiaries as required.
This position reports to the Social Empowerment Sector Director.
The position has relationships with:
- Sectors: Financial Audit, Partnerships, Economic Empowerment and Education & Scholarships.
- Departments: Human Resources and Administration, Finance
- NGO’s and External Partners.
Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the position, a master's degree is an asset.
A minimum of 8 years work experience in development or a closely related field.
Advanced computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Native-speaker proficiency in Arabic composition. Proficiency in English composition, and in report writing. Working competence in translation of documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
Adaptable in effective relationships with both Egyptians and foreigners.
Able to independently carry out tasks.
How to Apply:
To apply please send the application form and your CV to: email@example.com with the subject line “Principal Programs Officer “Candidate Name – Principal Programs Officer – Sector Name– L11"
The deadline for applying is March 3rd, 2022.